Hello, my daring friend!
My name is Jessie May and I’m on a mission to transform boring, forgettable, one-woman businesses into memorable and authentic, client-attracting signature brands.
I shine light on your strengths, personality, quirks, passions, skills, expertise, beliefs, and opinions and help you pull these things together into your client-attracting signature brand.
Once we build your brand, then I guide you to implement marketing strategies and business systems so you can start making an impact and earning money doing what you love.
My genius is helping you communicate your business in a clear and compelling way that gets you noticed and hired by your ideal clients…
…All while staying true to your unique awesomeness!
Who is my ideal client?
My ideal client is a coach (life coach, health coach, relationship coach, marketing coach, business coach, public speaking coach, dating coach…any kind of coach) or other service-based solopreneur who is the face of her business. Most importantly, my ideal client is a high achieving go-getter who is 150% invested in her business and willing to do whatever it takes to achieve her own version of success.
More specifically, my services and programs will be a great fit for you if:
- You want to stand out and become a sought-after expert in your field.
- You know that your brand lacks cohesion but you don’t know how to pull it all together.
- You get blank stares or polite nods when you tell people what you do, but no one is signing up to become a client.
- You’re just starting out in business and want to do it right from the beginning.
- You’ve been in business for a while, but you’re not seeing the results you want, and you’re tired of watching others launch to the top while you stay stuck.
- You are someone who takes responsibility for your results and are willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goal.
- You have a vibrant, uplifting personality with a generally positive outlook on life.
We’re not a good match if:
I have learned to become very selective with the types of people I take on as clients and respectfully turn away those who I know are not a good match.
We will not be a good match if you..
- Are in financial crisis and desperate to make your business work. Desperation cannot build a successful business.
- Have really intense, demanding energy. I don’t know how else to describe this, but I’ll know because, it’s a physical response I get in my body.
- Are more committed to your victim stories than moving forward and building the life and business of your dreams.
- Can’t make the time to work on your business.
- Think I’m going to “do it for you.”
- Are a chronic skeptic or “know it all.”
- Expect building your business to be easy. I have yet to meet a truly successful person who achieved their results without a lot of hard work!
What drives me?
A mentor once told me that I wouldn’t be a successful coach unless I took my coaching into corporate America. I fired her. My heart is in coaching service-based solopreneurs who are on a mission to make great money while making a positive impact in our world.
What drives me is helping you shine your light so bright that your ideal clients can find you, understand you and feel inspired to work with you. The more clients you attract, the more lives you will change, and I find that ripple effect of happy people extremely inspiring.
While I’m inspired by that happy ripple effect, I’m also passionate about building an entrepreneurial lifestyle where I can be creative, control my schedule, and leave a legacy born from my own initiative. I’m driven to help you build the entrepreneurial lifestyle of your dreams too, so the joy that comes from living on purpose can be infused into everything you do.
What makes me different?
Deeper than branding and business strategy
I’m a branding coach and business strategist…but did you know that I’m also a certified life coach and have a degree in psychology? While I don’t actively practice life coaching or therapy, my background in these areas makes me well prepared to help you navigate all of the emotions that arise as a natural part of launching your business.
Beyond graphic design
If you want a logo, hire a graphic designer. If you want to build the business strategy behind that design and develop a brand that not only looks good but that is an authentic representation of you, I’m your girl. Plus, when you work with me, you have access to the amazing graphic designers on my team.
I “get” your kind of business
My specialty is in supporting coaches and other service-based business owners who are the face of their brands. Branding, marketing and business strategy for solopreneur businesses like yours is different than for product-based businesses and big corporations. You want someone who understands your type of business, and well, I do.
Attention to personal presence
As a service-based business owner, YOU are the primary outlet through which your brand experience is delivered. If you don’t have a magnetic personal presence, it won’t matter how amazing your service is because no-one will want to work with you. Most branding and business coaches overlook this important personal branding component. I will guide you to cultivate a magnetic personal presence so you can attract all the clients you deserve!
What’s My Experience?
- I’m a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach. I received my certification in 2009 from the highly regarded Coaches Training Institute.
- I have a BA in Contemplative Psychology from Naropa University.
- I have an MA in Organizational Communications with a focus in New Media and Internet Marketing from the University of Denver.
- I have a certificate in Organizational Development and Training from the University of Denver.
- I have invested hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into my own business coach and high-end mastermind programs, so I am up to date with the very best material and continue to grow myself and my business.
- I am the founder of Daring Divas, an entrepreneurial women’s community in Boulder, Colorado where I’ve built a local following of over 2,350 ideal clients. I know how to build a brand that people know, like and trust and keeps them coming back for more.
Does your brand repel potential clients? Enter your name and email to find out now.
Who am I outside of my business?
I’m a mountain girl.
I’m a Virgo.
I’m an only child.
I’m a closet introvert.
I’m a girly girl - I like anything that sparkles, shimmers or shines. I also love cute shoes and coordinating outfits (I can’t help it, I’m a Virgo).
There’s an equal side of me that loves adventure and feeling the wind on my face and the dirt between my toes.
Some of my favorite things to do are climb tall mountains and canyoneer in Utah’s breathtaking slot canyons.
As much as I love adventure, I’m just as happy snuggled up in bed with my little family. My husband’s name is Robert and he’s a rock climber and attorney. My dog’s name is Junebug, she’s a chihuahua who likes to hike 14ers (14,000 ft mountains).
I feel blessed that I’ve built a life where I can meet a girlfriend for coffee or hit the gym for a Crossfit workout in the middle of the afternoon.
I value being present to life’s simple pleasures and moments of wonder.